The trend of using prints is still here to stay. They always give a special touch to a duller item and they are so playful and perfect for combining bold colors. For quite some time they have been around and last year we saw a lot of Aztec inspiration. This year, thanks to Burberry, we are seeing all over, African inspirational prints. They have gone global and there’s no slowing down for this trend. Other high street fashion retailers such as H&M, Topshop, have a collection of African-inspired dresses and Aldo has a shoe collection.
Tribal prints in bold colors ruled the runways for Spring 2012, ushering in a feast of color and texture for the eyes. The rules of the runway? Mix and match, have fun with color, and play with texture.
- How to pull off this trend without going-over-the-top?
- Powerful prints make such an impact, jewelry is pretty much unnecessary;
- Pay attention to fabric and cut - try to keep away from shiny fabric;
- Try to pick one statement printed piece (skirt, pants or blouse) and combine with other neutral, minimalistic items;
- Large prints make a big statement, to balance the effect, pick a conservative cut dress;
- Combine understated extras, simple and sleek to complement busy prints - thin belts, platform pumps, ballerinas, black booties, gold cuffs, solid color blazer, polished handbag...
- Remember proportions: small prints make you look wider, big prints can help you look slimmer;
- Keep hair and makeup natural
Examples of two different situations where the bottom piece is printed and the rest is neutral and solid colors, ready for a casual or work day. Highlight your outfit with a fun item and no way you´ll go unnoticed.
Casual day:MARKUS LUPFER Pleated Stripe Hem striped sweater, Easton Pearson Syriam flag-print silk-crepe cropped pants, black booties, Burberry Prorsum Beaded textured-leather wristlet clutch, Asos Gold Sequin Collar.
Work day:Fine wool cardigan, Burberry Prorsum Printed silk and cotton-blend skirt, H&M ballet flats, Valentino Rock Stud Flap Bag in Red, nOir neckalce.
[You can also check this post at iOnline] Pin It