4.12.2011

Man it-up.

My favorite thing right now, is to keep my husband's clothes that he doesn't want anymore. Ever since I had my baby, that my body isn't the same and still have a long ways to go back to my old figure (or not, probably). I don't feel that comfortable with those extra pounds and with a tummy that fights with gravity. So, for me it's great all the man-a-like style or boyfriend style that you see lately! And I already see myself buying larger sizes anyways, preferring the baggy loose style. It makes me more comfortable, hides what I don't want to show and I still feel stylish. You just have to be clever with the combination and go for contrasts: loose vs tight.
Adding a accent of femininity, like a cute purse or fun accessories, makes the difference.
So all in all, you save money, you go eco-friendly by reusing and it always feels like you acquired something new!

 (Left to right: Balenciaga, Stella McCartney, Bottega Veneta, Dries Van Noten)

How to get the look:
  • The more undone, the better; 
  • Leave cuffs open;
  • Wear skinny pants, miniskirts or shorts in a pop of color;
  • Choose a man's oxford shoe, loafer or motorcycle boot.
  • Big watch to wear as a bracelet;
  • Loosen and rumple up;
  • Always keep a great hair style;
  • Invest in a good quality purse.
(a. Men's Cardigan, b. DVF Chiffon Striped Shirt, c. Zara Bag, d. Crossover Jeans, e. Men's Yellow gold watch, f. Forever21 Sequined Lace-up Oxford shoe, g. Nordstrom 2-tone Fedora hat)
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...